Friday, February 04, 2011

CHA challenge at the Studio Calico

On the first day of the Lunar New Year I did my first Layout.
It was a Studio Calico design team members challenge.

One of the challenges states that I need to use quote as journal.
Another mentioned to create a similar style as one of the designers.
so here is my takes.

Using Elsie's rubon. I had been hoarding this for years and finally I get
a chance to use it. Luckily I still can rub on it. Many friends told me that
if I do not use your rub on for a few years it is considered spoilt.

This is the layout that I made lifting Laura's style. Big pictures and little
embellishment. I printed the picutures at home using glossy paper but
somehow the result doesn't look good.

The second layout challenge requires a self portrait pic.
So I stamped, I rubon, I cut and I paste.


I also punched, I misted....




And this is how it turned out. I was satisfield with how it looked.
The blue mist was by accident. I wanted to placed a few big drops on the LO
but I pressed too much and becomes a big blue patch. pretty huh?


Glad I took up this challenges as it is my first time to challenge myself using minimal pattern papers but techniques.



No comments: