Monday, July 16, 2012

ELLE FASHION JOURNAL WORKSHOP



Last month in June I signed up a workshop from Elle Magazine. In the workshop a professional shared with us all about fashion and trendy. He also brought a book with him that illustrates lots of graphic and selected a few pages of his favourite artists on how they express trend. Some used colours, graphics and photos.

The next 20min session is about scrapbooking from speaker of Paper Market. She gave a brief introduction of basic scrapbooking and some tips on how to do a fashion journal. We were given 2pieces of pattern paper,  a sticker alphabets and a cardstock. In addition some buttons and ribbons are placed on each table.Plus our own supply . I brought tons of Studio Calico stamps, Amy Tangerline embellishment, washi tapes plus 2 magazine pictures that I printed using the cannon printer. 


I am so into Japanese fashion and cute stuff so my head was thinking about Ribbon and bows. At first I was pretty disappointed with getting a 'Spring green' colour. Still I wanted to challenge myself so I stick on with the colour and work my fashion journal.
My favourite got to be the Studio Calico stamp designed by kelly Purkey. Awesome and fabulous lady, please check out her website. I stamped on those empty space and added  the title 'FASHION IS ALL ABOUT CUTE' tada in 80min I submitted my entry for a mini contest.


Guess what. My entry won the first prize!!!! A pixma MG5370 worth SGD299. Surprise surprise I won!!!! I can't wait to use this new printer with Wi-fi function. I can print from I pad and I phone directly. Thank you Elle magazine for giving me such a fabulous day!

No comments: