Friday, January 28, 2011

a walk in chinatown

I met up with my friend J and she suggested we should take a walk at the Chinatown during the Chinese New Year period which might bring us some good luck.

So yesterday I brought my camera along ,took some pictures and shop around.
Each path is crowded with tourists and local. Lots of stalls sellig all sort of stuff.
New Year decoration, snacks, cakes, painting, drinks and also some interesting
non-related new year stuff.

tons and tons of people and red lanterns hanging across the shops.
Everywhere is so red and vibrant.

This is one of the common decoration that was seen in almost every stall.
'zhao cai' means attracting or getting wealth. I should get one to hang in my house.


The imported taiwan sweets. Some sell 100gram at a SGD1 or SGD1.50.
Very colourful and lots of varieties to pick from.

I need to get the Melon seed. This is one of my all time favourite snack during the new year.
Love eating this crunchy thinly slice taste like nuts.


spotted a few of these lion for sale in many stalls. Just so cute but there is no room for me to put this at home. Probably I can add this in my scrap page.




Hope you enjoy this pictures taken by Nikon camera and edit using picasa.


2 comments:

かど しんこ*Shinko said...

I really like your photos. Interesting and Beautiful!!

Min Min and the gang said...

thanks Shinko!!! It is my first photo shoot in a crowded place.